You are invited to participate in a research study conducted at the
Centre for Health Informatics (CHI), University of New South Wales,
to use a website healthy.me to manage your health:
(This research has been approved by UNSW Human Research Ethics Committee, approval no. 10109).
What is healthy.me?
healthy.me is a new website developed at the Centre for Health Informatics, University of New South Wales.
It is designed to help you manage your health.
Why can't I access the healthy.me website?
There are three possible scenarios:
- Scenario 1: You have been assigned to the control group, that means, we will notify you by email in approximately 6 months time when you can access it.
- Scenario 2: If you have waited a long time and no pages return, that means our website is under maintenance. In this case, please try again in 24 hours time.
- Scenario 3: If you receive an error page saying "Server busy", that means too many people are trying to access the website. In this case, please try again in a short while.
- Otherwise, please let us know and we'll look into it right away (Email: email@example.com).
Who can participate in this research study?
- 18 years or older, and
- Easy access to the Internet and email on a monthly basis
What do you need to do?
- Register an account with healthy.me and start using the website.
- Complete monthly 1-minute surveys about your health (approximately 6 months).
- Answer short questions online before and after the study.
Note: If you decide to participate, you are free to withdraw your consent and to discontinue participation at any time without prejudice.
What browsers should I use for this website?
- We recommend you use Internet Explorer 8.x, Firefox 3.x or Google Chrome 4.x. We do not recommend using Internet Explorer 7.x for this website.
Who are the investigators in this research?
- Prof. Enrico Coiera, Director, Centre for Health Informatics, UNSW
- Dr. Annie Lau, Research Fellow, Centre for Health Informatics, UNSW
- Dr. Farah Magrabi, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Health Informatics, UNSW
- Dr. Blanca Gallego Luxan, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Health Informatics, UNSW
- Dr. Vitali Sintchenko, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Health Informatics, UNSW
Who can I contact for further information?
- Dr. Annie Lau (phone: 0431 599 890, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) would be happy to answer your questions.